Columbia is a town in, and the parish seat of, Caldwell Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 277 in 2020.
The land that became Columbia was first cleared by Daniel Humphries in 1827. A store was built a few years later the only settlement between Monroe, Louisiana and the settlements of the Black River was formed. The harbor became a busy port for shipping cotton by steamboats and Packet boats until the arrival of the railroad. In February 1864 Columbia was the location of a skirmish between Federal and Confederate troops during the Civil War and there are several plantations in the area.
Columbia is located just east of the center of Caldwell Parish at (32.104042, -92.076921), on the southwest bank of the Ouachita River. U.S. Route 165 passes through the center of town and bridges the river, leading north to Monroe and south to Alexandria.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area