Duncan is a village in Platte County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 351 at the 2010 census.History
The transcontinental railroad reached the site of Duncan in 1866. Among the first settlers in the area were Polish and Swiss immigrants.
In June 1869, the post office of Cherry Hill was established on the site.In October 1871, the townsite of Jackson was laid out by officials of the Union Pacific Railroad. Jackson was chosen in 1879 as the southern terminus of the Omaha, Niobrara, and Black Hills Railroad, a Union Pacific subsidiary, purportedly because railroad magnate Jay Gould was angry at the town of Columbus for promoting a rival railroad in the region.In 1880, the settlement's name was changed to Duncan,
owing to the existence of another Jackson in Dakota County.
The new name honored General Wood B. Duncan, a prominent onetime local resident.
In the following year, an ice jam destroyed the
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.