Concept

Barton Hills, Michigan

Summary
Barton Hills is a village in Washtenaw County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 294 at the 2010 census. The village is located within Ann Arbor Charter Township just northwest of the city of Ann Arbor. Originally established by Detroit Edison president Alex Dow on land acquired for the Barton Dam, Barton Hills was designed as an exclusive, forested residential enclave just outside Ann Arbor. In 1944, the community was sold to its residents, and a village was incorporated in 1973. The streets in the village were formerly owned by the Barton Hills Maintenance Corporation but were purchased by the village itself in 2010. History In the early 1900s the land now occupied by Barton Hills Village was used for cattle grazing by a local firm, Towar Dairy. Around 1910 the Detroit Edison Company needed to increase its electrical generating capacity and decided to construct a series of dams and power stations along the Huron River. For that purpose they purchased 2,000
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading