Danbury is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1,250 at the 2020 census.
Danbury was first settled 1771 as a part of Alexandria, but mountainous terrain separated it from the rest of the town. In 1795, it was set off and incorporated, the name suggested by a settler from Danbury, Connecticut. The town later grew by adding land from Wilmot and Hill. Farmers found the surface mostly hilly, but with some good intervales suitable for agriculture. Raising cattle and sheep became the principal occupation. By 1859, when the population was 934, it had seven sawmills, two shingle, lath and clapboard mills, and one tannery.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of , of which are land and are water, comprising 0.81% of the town. The Smith River, an east-flowing tributary of the Pemigewasset River, runs through the center of