East Kingston is a town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 2,441 at the 2020 census.
East Kingston was once a part of Kingston called "Kingston East Parish", but was granted a separate charter in 1738 by Governor Jonathan Belcher. Several residents of East Kingston had petitioned Governor Belcher that its location was too distant from the Kingston school and place of worship.
The town grew up around the saw and grist mill at the Trickling Falls on the edge of Powwow Pond. Farms prospered on the good soil, and ice-cutting in the Powwow River was a thriving winter business before the age of refrigeration. The New England Brick Company was once a principal industry.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of , of which are water, comprising 0.56% of the town. The southern half of East Kingston is drained by the Pow