Concept

Bridgeport, Ohio

Summary
Bridgeport is a village in eastern Belmont County, Ohio, United States. It lies across the Ohio River from Wheeling, West Virginia, at the mouth of Wheeling Creek and is connected by two bridges to Wheeling Island. The population was 1,582 at the 2020 census. It is part of the Wheeling metropolitan area. History Bridgeport was originally known as Canton, and under the latter name was laid out in 1806 by Colonel Ebenezer Zane. The present name is for a bridge constructed near the town site in the 1810s. Geography Bridgeport is located at (40.072092, −80.743542), along the Ohio River at the mouth of Wheeling Creek. There are two crossings into West Virginia, the Military Order of the Purple Heart Bridge and a portion of the Fort Henry Bridge. Formerly, the Aetnaville Bridge and Bridgeport Bridge made the crossing to Wheeling Island, but the former has been closed to traffic and the latter has been demolished. According to the United States Census Bureau, the villag
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading