Lisbon is a village in and the county seat of Columbiana County, Ohio, United States, along the Little Beaver Creek. The population was 2,597 at the 2020 census. It is a part of the Salem micropolitan area, about southwest of Youngstown.
Lisbon was platted on February 16, 1803, by Baptist minister Lewis Kinney, originally named New Lisbon after Lisbon, Portugal. The village was incorporated under a special act of legislature on February 7, 1825. Initially known for its iron and whiskey production, New Lisbon became an economic hub of many sorts into the first industrial revolution, and one of the largest towns on the Sandy and Beaver Canal. During this time, the village claimed the county's first bank, the Columbiana Bank of New Lisbon; its first insurance company, and the first Ohio newspaper, The Ohio Patriot, founded by an Alsatian immigrant, William D. Lepper.
Lisbon has the distinction of being the northernmost western town involved in military actions during