Groveport is a city in Franklin County, Ohio, United States. It is a suburb of Columbus. The population was 6,009 at the 2020 census.
Groveport was the hometown of John Solomon Rarey, a 19th-century horse whisperer, and developer of the Rarey technique for rehabilitating horses.
Groveport had its start as a single entity in 1846 when the neighboring rival towns of Wert's Grove and Rareysport merged. These towns were located along the Ohio-Erie Canal. The city was incorporated as a village in 1847. A post office called Groveport has been in operation since 1847. The city is the location of the Groveport Log House, which was built in 1815 and moved in 1974 to a location near Groveport Cemetery.
Groveport is located at (39.856163, -82.890544).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of , of which is land and is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 5,363 people,