Tiffin is a city in and the county seat of Seneca County, Ohio, United States. Developed along the Sandusky River, Tiffin is located about southeast of Toledo. The population was 17,953 at the 2020 census.
It is the home of Heidelberg University and Tiffin University. At one time the city was noted as a glass and porcelain manufacturing center. The National Arbor Day Foundation has designated Tiffin as a Tree City USA.
The bronze statue of "The Indian Maiden" on Frost Parkway near Miami Street, marks the site of Fort Ball, a military depot of the War of 1812. During a fighting engagement of that war, Erastus Bowe sighted the location where Tiffin later developed. In 1817, he returned to the site and built the Pan Yan Tavern on the North Sandusky River. Its name was likely derived from Penn Yan, New York. Early homesteaders followed soon after Bowe, and the settlement of Oakley sprang up around the Pan Yan on the north side of the river. The chief road of the area f