Lockington (originally called Locksport) is a village in Washington Township, Shelby County, Ohio, United States, along Loramie Creek. The population was 141 at the 2010 census.
Around 1830, a flour mill was built on Loramie Creek near where the village is now, and before that there was a sawmill built on the same creek that had been abandoned. In 1837, John Brown owned both of these mills, and built a new wool mill. A small community began to grow around these and other mills built along Loramie Creek later, and when the Miami and Erie Canal was built, a series of 5 canal locks lifted the water over the creek via an aqueduct. Due to its location near the locks, the community was originally called Locksport. As a crossroads between the main canal and feeders coming from Port Jefferson and Sidney, the community continued to grow.
In 1837, David Mellinger hired Jonathan Counts to survey and plat a new community on his land. The community of Lockington was approved fo