Dennison is a village in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,655 at the 2010 census.
The confluence of coal and railroads drove the development of Dennison. It is located at the midpoint between Pittsburgh and Columbus -- from each. At the time, locomotives needed water every , so Dennison was a natural refilling location. The Dennison Coal Company had mines south of town.
In 1864, The Pittsburgh, Cincinnati & St. Louis Railway decided to locate the country's largest railroad shops and yards in Dennison. Dennison Land Company laid out the town of Dennison in 1865 and purchased land expressly for the town. The railyards spanned . Demand for passenger service led to construction of a station in 1873. Thousands moved to the area for jobs in the roundhouses, turntables and foundries. At its peak, 3,000 people worked in the railyards. The Pennsylvania Railroad Company eventually subsumed the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati & St. Louis Railway.