Dover is a city in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States, along the Tuscarawas River. The population was 13,112 at the 2020 census. It is a principal city of the New Philadelphia–Dover micropolitan area, approximately
south of Cleveland and borders the city of New Philadelphia.
Originally named Canal Dover due to its location and origins along the Ohio and Erie Canal, the land was platted in 1807, with Christian Deardorff and Jesse Slingluff recognized as the founders. Beginning in 1815, the post office first began operation. Canal Dover incorporated as a village in 1842 and became a city under the Ohio municipal code of 1903. On February 12, 1916, the city officially changed its name to Dover.
Dover is located at (40.526545, -81.477769), along the Tuscarawas River, near the mouth of Sugar Creek.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of , of which is land and is water.