Morrison is a town in southeastern Noble County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 733 at the 2010 census, an increase from the figure of 636 in 2000.History
Morrison is located in the former Cherokee Outlet, which was created for the Cherokee Nation in 1835 from former Osage hunting grounds. The Outlet was opened to non-Indian settlement by the Cherokee Strip Land Run in September 1893. The Morrison community emerged in 1894 on land that was once the Osage tribe's hunting grounds.Roselda Morrison, wife of James Morrison, owned the land upon which the town emerged. Nearby, a man named Autry (for whom the township was named) built a store, which received a postal designation as Autry in 1893. The post office was renamed Morrison in February 1894, after James Morrison bought the store. Morrison donated for a town, which was surveyed and platted in August 1894. The town of Morrison incorporated on August 13, 1894.The Morrison business
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.