Franklin Park is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 15,479 at the 2020 census. It is a suburb of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
Franklin Park was originally part of Western Pennsylvania's Depreciation Lands, but in 1823 residents petitioned to secede from Ohio Township and a new township was formed. In August of 1823, the township included land from what is today Franklin Park, Bradford Woods, and Marshall Township. Marshall Township was founded forty years later, while Bradford Woods seceded from Marshall in 1915.
Originally, Franklin Township had no towns, but the area's scattered businesses and residencies (which consisted of farms, schools, country stores and churches) enjoyed a thriving oil and gas industry in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Subdivisions came after World War II and in August 1961 it finally became a borough.
Franklin Park is located at (40.590459, –80.092046).
According to th