Plunketts Creek Township, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
Plunketts Creek Township is a township in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, United States. It includes the villages of Barbours and Proctor. The population was 595 at the 2020 census, down from 684 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Williamsport Metropolitan Statistical Area.History
Colonial and Revolutionary era
Plunketts Creek Township was formed from parts of Franklin Township, Lycoming County, and what is now Davidson Township, Sullivan County, by the Court of Quarter Sessions of the Peace of Lycoming County in 1838. The township was once much larger in size, but several townships in both Lycoming and Sullivan counties have been carved from its original boundaries. The township is named for Plunketts Creek, a tributary of Loyalsock Creek. The creek is in turn named for Colonel William Plunkett, a frontier doctor and militia officer during the pre-Revolution years in the Province of Pennsylvania. He was noted for his skill in dre
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.