Palmer Township is a township in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. The population of Palmer Township was 20,691 at the 2010 census.
Palmer Township is part of the Lehigh Valley metropolitan area, which had a population of 861,899 and was the 68th-most populous metropolitan area in the U.S. as of the 2020 census. It is located northeast of Allentown, north of Philadelphia, and west of New York City.
The township is home to Easton Area High School, a large public high school.
The first known inhabitants of the area now known as Palmer Township were the Lenape Native Americans in the 17th century. German Moravian settlers built on land in the Palmer area in 1740. At the time, the area was part of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, which by the mid-18th century also included land now called Northampton County and Lehigh County.
Northampton County separated from Bucks County on March 11, 1752. In 1754, Forks Township, which then also consisted of what