Maud is a city in Bowie County, Texas, United States, within the Texarkana metropolitan area. According to the 2020 U.S. census, it had a population of 977.
Maud is situated by the St. Louis Southwestern Railway, near U.S. Highway 67 in southern Bowie County. The territory around Maud, known before the Republic of Texas era as the Red River Country, was among the earliest settled areas, but Spanish claims to the land, outlaws from the Neutral Ground, and general lawlessness discouraged extensive development. Before the city of Maud was established, the historic Trammel Trace road went just south of the city, where the crossing of the Sulphur River was made via Epperson's Ferry.
After the railroad reached the site in 1870, a community gradually began to emerge. The town was named for Maud Knapp, daughter of Samuel D. Knapp, the first postmaster and the donor of land for the townsite. A post office opened in 1881, closed the next year, then reopened in 1893. By 1910, t