Concept

Westminster, Texas

Summary
Westminster (wɛstˈmɪnstər) is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in northeastern Collin County, Texas, United States. The population was 861 as of the 2010 census, up from 390 at the 2000 census, at which time it was a city. Westminster is located at the intersection of FM 3133 and FM 2862, northeast of McKinney, east of Anna, west of Leonard, north of Blue Ridge, and southeast of Van Alstyne. History The city was first settled in 1860, and named "Seven Points". It grew quickly, and by 1885 had absorbed the neighbouring communities of Prospect and Graybill. In 1888, a private school was established; the building was later sold to the Methodist Church, establishing Westminster College. The college, a preparatory school for prospective ministers, was named after Westminster, Maryland, a Methodist stronghold in an otherwise predominantly Catholic state. Within a year, the residents of Seven Points decided to change the name of their community to We
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading