Farmers Branch, officially the City of Farmers Branch, is a city in Dallas County, Texas, United States. It is an inner-ring suburb of Dallas and is part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. Its population was 35,991 at the 2020 census.
Known as a "City in a Park" for its 28 parks in only 12 square miles, Farmers Branch is a small community in close proximity to Dallas, and has a business community that accounts for 80% of the city's tax base, allowing residents to have one of the lower city tax rates in Dallas County, while having dedicated city services and public safety.
The community was first settled in the early 1850s. In 1842, Thomas Keenan, Isaac B. Webb, and William Cochran received original land grants in the area. By 1843, a community called Mustang Branch had been established. Mr. Cochran later changed the name to Farmers Branch to reflect the area's rich soil and farmland. Farmers Branch