Trinity is a city in Trinity County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,343 at the 2020 census.
Trinity was founded in 1872 on land purchased from the New York and Texas Land Company. The town was a railroad station on the Houston and Great Northern Railroad.
The town was originally named Trinity Station after the Trinity River. The name of the town was later changed to Trinity City, then to Trinity. The town was incorporated in 1910.
Civilian Conservation Corps
A camp site for Civilian Conservation Corps Company 839 was established 1.6 miles east of Trinity on June 8, 1933. The company was under the command of Captain Charles H Brammel and the medical department was under the direction of Dr H H Thornton. The field activities of the camp were mainly construction and maintenance of fire lanes, fire break roads and telephone lines.
Texas Long Leaf Lumber Company
In 1907, Thompso