Magnolia is a village in Carroll and Stark counties in the U.S. state of Ohio. The population was 1,013 at the time of the 2020 census. It is part of the Canton–Massillon metropolitan area.
In 1834 Richard Elson and John W. Smith laid out the village of Magnolia in Sandy Township. In 1836, Isaac Miller platted the village of Downingville in Rose Township. Downingville was named after the Downes family, early pioneers that came over from Ireland and England. The towns merged and became Magnolia on February 1, 1846. The village took its name from Magnolia Mills, a local gristmill.
The Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District constructed the Magnolia Levee to protect the town from Bolivar Dam.
Magnolia is located at (40.652546, −81.296119), along Sandy Creek.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of , all land.
Magnolia lies at the intersection of State Routes 183 and 542.