Thornhill (Cnoc na Driseig) is a village in the Scottish council area of Stirling. It lies 14 miles north west of Stirling itself - south of Callander, east of Aberfoyle and west of Doune.Historically part of Perthshire, the village is in the civil parish of Kincardine and the church parish of Norrieston (separated ecclesisistically from Kincardine in 1877), named from the much earlier village of Norrieston, which lay a little to the east of Thornhill. It is situated on a slight elevation at the western edge of the Carse of Stirling, an area of flat agricultural land which forms the upper part of the floodplain of the River Forth. Much of the land within the Carse was bogland until the late 18th century when concerted efforts were made to clear away the peat and expose the fertile clay soil below. Flanders Moss, the largest remaining area of lowland bog in Scotland and a site of special scientific interest, lies to the south west.The village lies on a traditional east–west route fr
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.