Acomb ˈeɪkəm, ˈjækəm is a village and suburb within the City of York unitary authority area, to the western side of York, England. It covers the site of the original village of the same name, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. It is bordered by the suburbs of Holgate, to the east, Clifton, to the north and Woodthorpe to the south. The boundary to the west abuts the fields close to the A1237, York Outer Ring Road.
Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, Acomb was incorporated into the City of York in 1934.
Formerly a farming village, Acomb expanded over the centuries to become a dormitory area for workers in heavy industry, such as rail engineering, in the 19th and 20th centuries and more recently for a more diverse workforce. Though it no longer has any large-scale manufacturing, it does have a diverse retail centre. There are at least 19 Grade II listed buildings within its boundaries. It was made a Conservation Area in 1975, with the historic area alon