Powązki Cemetery (pɔˈvɔ̃skʲi; Cmentarz Powązkowski), also known as Stare Powązki (Old Powązki), is a historic necropolis located in Wola district, in the western part of Warsaw, Poland. It is the most famous cemetery in the city and one of the oldest, having been established in 1790. It is the burial place of many illustrious individuals from Polish history. Some are interred along the "Avenue of the Distinguished" – Aleja Zasłużonych, created in 1925. It is estimated that over 1 million people are buried at Powązki.
The cemetery is often confused with the newer Powązki Military Cemetery, which is located to the north-west of Powązki Cemetery.
Powązki Cemetery was established on 4 November 1790 on land donated by nobleman Melchior Szymanowski, and consecrated on 20 May 1792. Initially it covered an area of only about 2.5 ha. In the same year Saint Karol Boromeusz Church, designed by Dominik Merlini, was built on the northern edge of the ceme