Dzērbene Manor (Dzērbenes muižas pils; Schloß Serben) is a manor house in the historical region of Vidzeme, northern Latvia.History
Modern manor house is built on the place where old Dzērbene medieval castle once stood. Dzērbene manor is mentioned for the first time in 1555 when it was presented to chancellor of Archbishopric of Riga Christoph Sturz.
In 1556 old castle was destroyed by army of Livonian Order and in 1577 also by Muscovites.
During period of Swedish Livonia Dzērbene manor was owned by Svante Banner. After Great Northern War Dzērbene manor complex with more than 20 buildings became property of Russian Empire. In 1771 Russian empress Catharina II presented property to the major-general Otto Weismann von Weissenstein. His descendants owned the manor until 1891.
From 1891 property was owned by von Lauwdohn family. Manor house was burned during Russian revolution of 1905 but was rebuilt later. During First world war manor saw further damage and last owners depar
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.