Concept

Stāmeriena Palace

Summary
Stāmeriena Palace (Stāmerienas muižas pils; Schloss Stomersee) is a palace built in Historicist style from 1835 to 1843 in the historical region of Vidzeme, northern Latvia. Its first owner was Johann Gottlieb von Wolff (1756-1817) and subsequently his descendants. In 1905, during the Russian Revolution, the manor was burned down, but was later renewed by Baron Boris von Wolff (1850-1917) in 1908. Although it was rebuilt in different style it is considered one of the brightest architectural achievements of his time in French Neo-Renaissance style in Latvia. Stāmeriena palace was one of the few manors which were not nationalized after Latvian agrarian reforms in 1920s. So the von Wolff family continued to live there through the 1930s until 1939. The palace was presented as a gift to Andrei Pilar von Pilchau, the first - and homosexual - husband of the palace's owner Alexandra von Wolff-Stomersee. The Sicilian writer Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa lived in the Stāmeriena palace for a few
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading