Concept

Malnava Manor

Summary
Malnava Manor (Malnavas muiža, Małnów) is a manor in Malnava Parish, Ludza Municipality in the Latgale region of Latvia. History Malnava was originally part of Cecina manor, later known as Salnava Manor. Until 1724, the estate belonged to Hülsen noble family, one of the great landowners in Latgale. Jadwiga Hülsen married Jan Szadurski and the estate was inherited by marriage to the Szadurski family. The manor stood in the name of the Szadurski in 1774. According to a 1784 audit, the rulers were brothers Józef Szadurski and Ksawery Szadurski. The sons of the latter, Mikolaj Szadurski and Vikenty Szadurski, divided Malnava and Salnava estates among themselves: Malnava became the property of Mikolaj. After the abolition of serfdom, riots took place in 1863. Baron Julius von der Ropp bought the manor in 1878, during which the peasants protested against the soul census (1881). In 1906 S. F. Agarkov acquired the manor. Immediately before the First World War, the manor was owned by
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading