Knovíz (ˈknoviːs) is a municipality and village in Kladno District in the Central Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 600 inhabitants. It gave its name to the Knovíz culture.
Knovíz is located about north of Kladno and northwest of Prague. It lies in an agricultural landscape in the Prague Plateau.
The territory of today's Knovíz was inhabited already in the Neolithic period, which is proven by finds dating back about 6000 years. The Knovíz culture, an archeological culture of Bronze Age, is named after this site.
The first written mention of Knovíz is from 1088, when King Vratislaus II donated the village to the Vyšehrad Chapter. Among the most notable owners of the village were the House of Schwarzenberg.
The D7 motorway from Prague to Chomutov passes through the municipality.
The landmark of Knovíz is the Church of All Saints. It was originally an early Gothic building fr