The Plovdiv Regional Ethnographic Museum (Регионален етнографски музей — Пловдив, Regionalen etnografski muzey — Plovdiv) is a museum of ethnography in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Since 1938, it has occupied the 1847 house of the merchant, Argir Kuyumdzhioglu, in the city's Old Town. The museum features six exhibitions, each occupying a separate room.History
Although there had been plans to organize a museum of ethnography in Plovdiv as early as 1891, it was not until 1917 that a Regional Museum was established thanks to the efforts of Stoyu Shishkov, a local scholar and journalist. Shishkov was the museum's first secretary and only employee. In 1931–32, the collection of 500 items was transferred to the Plovdiv National Library and Museum. In 1938, the museum was revived as the Municipal Museum House thanks to the mayor of Plovdiv, Bozhidar Zdravkov, and was organized in the Kuyumdzhioglu House. The museum was officially reopened on 14 October 1943; six years later, the
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.