The Verden–Walsrode Railway (Verden-Walsroder Eisenbahn) or VWE is a transport company with its headquarters in Verden on the River Aller in North Germany.
The Verden-Walsroder Eisenbahn (VWE) was founded as the Kleinbahn Verden-Walsrode with its base in Verden. Almost three quarters of its assets were taken over by the Prussian state and the Province of Hanover; the rest was divided between the districts of Verden and Fallingbostel and a few municipalities. Later the state and province pulled out of the company. Today the main shareholder is the district of Verden with 69% of the capital; others include the town of Verden, the district of Soltau-Fallingbostel and the town of Kirchlinteln.
On 2 March 1911 the line between Verden and Walsrode was opened and, on 17 December 1910, passenger and goods services were running on the section between Verden and Altenboitzen, three days later they ran as far as Vorwalsrode.
As well as opening up the predominantly rural reg