The Edificio José de Diego (José de Diego Building) in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, also known as the Rectoría, is a historic building on the grounds of the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. It was built in 1913. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Its construction began in 1913 and concluded in 1916 as the Science Building. It was slightly affected by the 1918 San Fermín earthquake, it housed the administrative offices, the library and nine class rooms. As a result of a 1921 remodeling its new tower was added where later the clock was placed. The carillon was donated by Association and Foundation Alumni Colegial, Inc. Since then the rectory building is named the José de Diego building in honor of the campus's founder.
Although its constructive aesthetics presents a great eclecticism, is important to indicate the entrance of the great facade. Follow the steps of the central staircase regular