Concept

HMS Berry

Summary
HMS Berry (K312) was a , built in the United States as a , and transferred to the Royal Navy under the terms of Lend-Lease, which served in the Second World War. She was named after Rear Admiral Sir Edward Berry (1768-1831). The name Berry was originally assigned to the Evarts-class destroyer escort, BDE-14, laid down on 28 February 1942. When that ship was retained by the United States Navy and renamed , the name was transferred to another ship. The new Berry (BDE-3) was laid down on 22 September 1942 by the Boston Navy Yard, launched on 23 November 1942, and commissioned into the Royal Navy on 15 March 1943. Service history During World War II, HMS Berry operated in the Atlantic Ocean and the Bay of Biscay in 1943 and 1944. After the war, Berry was returned to the U.S. Navy at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard on 2 February 1946. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946, and she was sold to the North American Smelting Co., of Philadelphia. That firm took pos
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading