Concept

Wycombe Repertory Theatre

Summary
The Wycombe Repertory Theatre, later referred to as the Tower Theatre and the Intimate Theatre, was a repertory (or stock) theatre in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. It opened in 1946 and closed in 1958. History The Wycombe Repertory Theatre opened on 16 December 1946, an event attended by Hugh Williams. The original management consisted of director Ian Dobbie, production manager Nick Simms, stage manager Jack Stone, and catering manager Edward Shoesmith, the four of whom had served with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers during World War II. The first play at the Wycombe was Gerald Savoy's George and Margaret. The theatre contained approximately 300 seats. In March 1952 the theatre, which had undergone various personnel changes since its opening, was renamed to the Tower Theatre. In June 1953, an appeal was made for increased attendance in order to keep the theatre open. Though the theatre did indeed remain open, it was taken over in August
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading