Concept

Order of the Golden Age

Summary
The Order of the Golden Age (OGA) was an international animal rights society with a Christian, theosophical and vegetarian emphasis, which existed between 1895 and 1959. History The Order of the Golden Age (OGA) was founded by Rev. Henry John Williams (younger brother of Howard Williams) in 1882. Sidney Hartnoll Beard re-established the OGA in 1895. The renewed OGA's headquarters were located at Beard's residence in Ilfracombe. The Order promoted psychical research, spiritualism and vegetarianism. In 1904, the OGA's new headquarters were located at Barcombe Hall in Paignton. Beard was the editor of the Herald of the Golden Age (1896–1918), the official journal for the OGA. The aim of the journal was to promote the "fruitarian system of living, and to teach its advantages." The journal promoted vegetarianism from a Christian pe
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading