Concept

Naharayim

Summary
Naharayim (נַהֲרַיִים literally "Two rivers"), historically the Jisr Majami area (جسر المجامع literally "Meeting bridge" area), where the Yarmouk River flows into the Jordan River, was named by the Palestine Electric Company in a letter dated 27 February 1929 to Palestine Railways giving "proper names" to the "different quarters of our Jordan Works" one of these being the "works as a whole including the labour camp" to be called "Naharaim" and another being the site of the "Power House and the adjoining staff quarters, offices" to be called Tel Or (תל אור - Hill of Light). Most of the plant was situated in the Emirate of Transjordan and stretched from the northern canal near the Ashdot Ya'akov in Northern Mandatory Palestine to the Jisr el-Majami in the south. The area includes the disused "First Jordan Hydro-Electric Power House", constructed between 1927–33 in the area adjacent to the Roman bridge known as Jisr Majami. The plant, established by Pinhas Rutenberg, produced muc
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading