Brno main railway station (Brno hlavní nádraží, abbreviated as Brno hl. n.) is the principal railway station in Brno, the largest city in Moravia and the second largest in the Czech Republic. The railway station is situated in the city centre on the site of the former city walls. It is one of the oldest railway stations in the Czech Republic, having been in operation since 1839.HistoryFirst railway station
Brno main railway station was built in 1838, one of the first railway stations in the world. It was the terminus on the line from Vienna to Brno, one of the branches of Emperor Ferdinand Northern Railway. On 16 November 1838 it was put into operation for trials and exhibitions, and on 7 July 1839 it became fully commercially operational. It was initially designed as a terminal station by Austrian architect Anton Jüngling.Second railway stationThe railway station became a through station after construction of the rival Northern Railway (Imperial Roy
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.