Peace Arch Hospital (PAH) is a 146-bed acute care facility, and Level IV trauma centre owned and operated by Fraser Health. The hospital is located at 15521 Russell Avenue, White Rock, British Columbia, Canada, and its catchment area includes South Surrey.
After World War II, Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster began limiting access to residents from the growing suburban communities such as the then-District of Surrey which included the future (established in 1957) City of White Rock.
In 1948, the White Rock Hospital Society formed to fundraise and advocate for government support for creation of a local hospital, while residents of North Surrey and Cloverdale advocated for a hospital in the northern part of the district, which ended up being Surrey Memorial Hospital. The society's fundraising goal was $150,000, one-third of the construction costs as required by the provincial government.
Construction began in 1951 on land donated by a nearby resident. The 4