The Byeongsan Seowon is a seowon located in Byeongsa-ri village of the Pungcheon-myeon township in the city of Andong, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. Seowon is a type of local academy during the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897). It was first established as Jondeoksa (尊德祠) by local Confucian scholars especially Jeong Gyeong-se (鄭經世) in 1613, the fifth year of King Gwanghaegung's reign, to commemorate the scholarly achievement and virtue of the notable Confucian scholar and politician Ryu Seong-ryong. The predecessor of the seowon was Pungak Seodang (豊岳書堂) which was a school located in Pungsan to teach the Pungsan Ryu clan during the Goryeo period. Ryu Seong-ryong moved the seodang to the current place in 1572.
The history of Byeongsan Seowon began when Ryu Seong-ryong moved to Andong in 1572 from Pungak Seodang, a Confucian school established during the Goryeo period.
After Ryu Seong-ryong died in 1607, local Confucianists such as Jeong Gyeong-se founded Jondeo