The Paragon in the Walcot area of Bath, Somerset, England is a street of Georgian houses which have been designated as listed buildings. It was designed by Thomas Warr Attwood. It now forms part of the A4.
Numbers 1 to 21 are 3 storey houses with mansard roofs. Each building has matching doors and windows with central pediments and flat entablatures either side of the 1st floor windows and Tuscan pilasters and pediments to the doorways.
Numbers 22 to 37 continue the theme from numbers 1 to 21 and were completed in 1775 by Joseph Axford, a local mason. Numbers 28 to 32 were damaged by bombing during World War II but have since been restored.
The Paragon is possibly a Roman road, leading north from Aquae Sulis and linking with the Fosse Way, although mapping evidence indicates it is likely medieval in origin. Nonetheless, Walcot originally grew as a Roman residential area in the 1st to 3rd centuries.
St Swithin's Church was built between 1779 and 1790 by John Palmer