Concept

Muderiz Ali Effendi Mosque

Summary
The Muderis Ali Efendi Mosque (Xhamia e Myderis Ali Efendisë; Müderris Ali Efendi Camii), also named Mosque of Ali Hoxha (Xhamia e Ali Hoxhës), is a mosque in Prizren, Kosovo. Built between 1543 and 1581, it is one of the oldest mosques in Kosovo. It is situated on the street "Rr. Papa Gjon Pali" down the hill from the Catholic Cathedral of Prizren, with its triangle shaped space it occupies 877 m 2, it was declared by Prizren Municipality in 1989 as a cultural monument. Its founder, Ali Effendi, who was at that time the Muderis of Prizren is buried in the garden. After the Second World War it was used as a Red Cross center and was heavily damaged because of the improper conduct. In 1963 fire broke out and thus damaged the Mosque even more (according to the city there was a fire in 1975), because of these events it lost its originality of an old monument. It was famous for the 1908 three year boycott of catholic shops in Prizren. 1905 boycott The mosque played a central
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading