Dallata (دلاّتة) was a Palestinian Arab village, located on a hilltop north of Safad. Constructed upon an ancient site, it was known to the Crusaders as Deleha. Dallata was included in the late 16th century Ottoman census and British censuses of the 20th century. Its inhabitants were primarily agriculturalists, with some involved in carpentry or trade.Dallata was depopulated during the 1948 Palestine war on around May 10, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. Following the establishment of Israel, the Israeli locality of Dalton was established about southwest of the village site.History
Dallata was located on the upper slope of a hill, built on the ruins of an ancient occupied site. Excavations have found remains of settlements and agricultural installation from the Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age. Tombs had been located in the vicinity.An excavation carried out in 2006 on a location halfway between the center of Dallata
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.