Concept

Nuris

Summary
Nuris (نورِِِس) was a Palestinian Arab village in the District of Jenin. In 1945, Nuris had 570 inhabitants. It was depopulated during the 1948 War on 29 May 1948 under Operation Gideon. The Israeli moshav of Nurit was built on Nuris' village land in 1950. Location Nuris was located in the Jezreel Valley, northeast of Jenin and southwest of the Jezreel Valley railway. It was linked by dirt roads to the villages of Zir'in and Al-Mazar. There were several springs north of Nuris, most importantly the 'Ain Jalut, one of the largest in Palestine. History Remains from the Bronze Age have been found here, as has pottery from the Byzantine era. Nuris was referred to by the Crusaders as "Nurith." Nearby, the Mamluks defeated the Mongols in the Battle of Ain Jalut (1260). Ottoman era In 1517, the village was included in the Ottoman Empire with the rest of Palestine. During the 16th and 17th centuries, it belonged to
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading