St Salvator's Hall (affectionately known as Sallies) is a student hall of residence at the University of St Andrews. It lies close to the quadrangle of the United College, St Andrews and St Salvator's Chapel, a foundation which was endowed by King James II of Scotland. The Hall is in an area between North Street and The Scores. Architecturally, it has been described as a "rambling Gothic dormitory".HistoryIn the 1920s, the vice-chancellor of the University of St Andrews, Sir James Irvine made plans to extend university buildings and St Salvator's Hall was one of the first outcomes of this vision. The hall, originally a male-only residence, was built between 1930 and 1933, funded by the American Philanthropist, Edward Harkness and modelled on Oxbridge colleges. The architects were Mills & Shepherd who had previously built University Hall. It was extended between 1937 and 1939 to the cost of £40,000, and underwent a £1.7 million refurbishment in 1994. Since 1971 the build
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.