Concept

Chatelherault Country Park

Summary
Chatelherault Country Park is a country park in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is located in the village of Ferniegair, from Hamilton town centre. On the west side of the park, runs the Avon, a tributary of the River Clyde. Its name is derived from the French town of Châtellerault, the title Duc de Châtellerault having been granted to James Hamilton, 2nd Earl of Arran in 1548 for his part in arranging the marriage of Mary, Queen of Scots, to Francis, Dauphin of France. History The ancient kings of Strathclyde owned a hunting lodge and royal palace in the woodlands near Cadzow, the old name for Hamilton. A Bronze Age burial site was found in the forest, with an urn and the body of a woman having been undisturbed for up to 3000 years. It is possible that during the early medieval age, this land was the power centre of the lost kingdom of Goddau, which is mentioned in Old Welsh poetry from the 6th century. Queen Langoureth of
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading