Concept

Winslow, Buckinghamshire

Summary
Winslow ˈwɪnzloʊ is a market town and civil parish designated as a town council in north Buckinghamshire, England, within the Buckinghamshire Council unitary authority area. It has a population of just over 4,400. It is located approximately south-east of Buckingham, and south-west of Bletchley (Milton Keynes). History Winslow was first recorded in a royal charter of 792–793 in which it was granted by Offa of Mercia to St Albans Abbey as Wineshauue, which means Wine's Burial Mound The Domesday Book of 1086 records it as Weneslai. A late Celtic copper torc has been found here, and also a silver drinking-cup of late Roman design. The 1841 census reveals the population that year was 1,333. Notable buildings Winslow Hall sits on the main road leading into the town from Aylesbury. It was built possibly from the designs of Sir Christopher Wren by William Lowndes, secretary to the Treasury. Hi
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading