Concept

Cirencester Grammar School

Summary
Cirencester Grammar School (CGS) was a grammar school in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, England, founded in about 1461 and closed in 1966. History The principal founder of the school was John Chadworth (d. 1471), Bishop of Lincoln. He is recorded in Lincoln Cathedral as a "Gloucester Man". He was educated at Oxford and was afterwards a Fellow and Provost of King's College, Cambridge. Princess Alexandra of Kent visited the school on 23 July 1958 as part of its quincentenary celebrations. Closure The school finally closed in July 1966, at the end of the summer term, as part of a reorganisation of county schools. In September 1966 its forms became part of the Cirencester School, combining with pupils from the Deer Park Secondary Modern School, and the new First Form entrants for 1966 went directly to the Deer Park site. Eventually the old Cirencester Grammar School forms all moved there, also. The School's Victoria Road buildings still survive much as they were in 196
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading