Concept

Vrbovce, Slovakia

Summary
Vrbovce (Verbóc or Verbósz) is a village stretching out in the protected landscape area of the White Carpathians in Myjava District in the Trenčín Region of north-western Slovakia, on the border with the Czech Republic. History Vrbovce was mentioned in historical documents for the first time in 1394 when it belonged to the Branč castle. Since 1569 its owner was transferred gradually to the Amades, Hédervárys, Nyárys, Zichys families and others. The village was also granted town privileges which were destroyed in a fire in 1757. In 1810 the Vrbovce villagers were granted the right to hold markets. Geography The municipality lies at an altitude of 317 metres and covers an area of 51.520 km2. From the northern side the village cadastre is bounded with the state border and the border crossing with the Czech Republic. Population The people of Vrbovce mainly went in for agriculture, stock breeding, small trades and handicrafts (sack-making, basket-making, w
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading