Concept

Kostolné Kračany

Summary
Kostolné Kračany (Egyházkarcsa, ˈɛɟhaːzkɒrtʃɒ) is a village and municipality in the Dunajská Streda District in the Trnava Region of south-west Slovakia. Component villages The village also administers 5 other villages: Geography The municipality lies at an altitude of 119 metres, 5 km southwest of Dunajská Streda, and covers an area of 13.916 km². History In the 11th century, the territory of Kostolné Kračany became part of the Kingdom of Hungary. In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1215 as Corcha. Its first church was consecrated to Saint Bartholomew before 1249. However, the settlement is considered to originate from the era of the Hungarian conquest of the Carpathian Basin as the structure of the village reflects the ecclesiastical system as organised by King St Stephen of Hungary. The king ordered that all 10 villages must build a church, the villages named Karcha build the church in this village whose name in Hungari
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading