Concept

Štvrtok na Ostrove

Summary
Štvrtok na Ostrove (Csallóközcsütörtök, ˈtʃɒlːoːkøztʃytørtøk, formerly Csütörtök) is a village and municipality in the Dunajská Streda District in the Trnava Region of south-west Slovakia. Geography The village is in the Danubian Lowland and is in the western part of Žitný ostrov (Csallóköz). The municipality lies at an altitude of 128 metres and covers an area of 13.066 km2. History In the 11th century, the territory of Štvrtok na Ostrove became part of the Kingdom of Hungary. The earliest extant document about the village dates back to 1217, in which it was referred to it by its Hungarian name as Villa Ceturthuc. In the thirteenth century German settlers arrived in the village who named it Loipersdorfin. The village enjoyed Royal privilege to collect tolls and in the fifteenth century it gained the status of a town and had the right to hold markets and develop crafts and trades. Today Štvrtok na Ostrove is a basically agricultural village. Until the e
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading