Concept

Košúty

Summary
Košúty (Nemeskosút, until 1899 Kosút) is a village and municipality in Galanta District of the Trnava Region of south-west Slovakia. History In the 9th century, the territory of Košúty became part of the Kingdom of Hungary. In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1138. After the Austro-Hungarian army disintegrated in November 1918, Czechoslovak troops occupied the area, later acknowledged internationally by the Treaty of Trianon. Between 1938 and 1945 Košúty once more became part of Miklós Horthy's Hungary through the First Vienna Award. From 1945 until the Velvet Divorce, it was part of Czechoslovakia. Since then it has been part of Slovakia. Geography The municipality lies at an elevation of 120 metres and covers an area of 14.73 km². It has a population of about 1476 people. Genealogical resources The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Bratislava, Slovakia"
  • Roman Catholi
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading